Friday, April 26, 2013

The Parody

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head, but you didn't know all the words so you just made up your own words? When you do this for only a few words, it's called ad-libbing. When you change a whole song into lyrics you put together, it's called a parody. That is what I have created for you today.

Before you read the song lyrics, I want to give you a little background on how and why I chose this particular song. I just recently went from being a blonde to being a red head (Yay!). While showing the pictures of my newly hued hair to a few friends, they remarked on how Arielesque I looked. Having seen The Little Mermaid more times than I can count, I took that as a compliment (who wouldn't?). So, after a few more Ariel comments, I started to get Part Of Your World stuck in my head. For those who don't remember, this is the song she sings to all her "thingmabobs."

I was sitting around tweeting and singing this song, but could not remember all the lyrics, so I made up my own. From there, my nerdy mind spiraled out of control, and thus this parody was born. For anyone wanting to compare these lyrics to the original, here is a link to the ones I found.

Look at these books
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collections complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has every book?

Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one book shelf hold
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got every book.

I've got fiction and self help a-plenty
I've got cook books and series galore
You want biographies? I got 20.

But who cares?
No big deal
I want more

I want to be where the nerd girls are
I wanna see
Wanna see them reading
Floating around on those
What do you call 'em? oh, clouds

Up where they blog
Up where it's fun
Up where they always have a good pun
Books are all free
Wish I could be 
Part of that world.

What would I give
If I could live
In Harry Potter
What would I pay
To spend a day
In Neverland
Bet'cha Aslan
He understands
Bet he recomends The Book Theif
Bright young woman
Sick of stealing
Taking a stand

And I'm ready to go where the authors are
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers
Is there a sequel and why do I
What's the word? Yearn
For the pages I turn
How I love
Love to explore the worlds you think up?

Wandering free
Wish I could be 
Part of that world

I don't know when 
I don't know how
But I know I'm going to get started right now
Watch and you'll see 
Someday I'll be 
Part of your
World.

There you are. I hope you enjoyed it and come back in the future. I promise I'll tear myself away from Twitter and blog more often. I might even get my book finish. Twitter may be a bad influence, but I need my tweets and my twitter friends. And without them you wouldn't be singing this lovely parody in your head right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment